Yes, it’s that time. Another cover has reared its not-so-ugly head and is ready to be revealed to the world. I give you The Wicked Witch of Whatever.
This YA paranormal/ urban fantasy (still trying to figure out that exact niche) is set at Cawdor High School for the (Magical) Arts. I don’t have a blurb yet. Are you nuts? I’m still rewriting. What if I rewrite something that gives me the perfect blurb? All you need to know is that Macbeth meets Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead meets me. And maybe a heavy dose of teen pop culture thrown in for seasoning.
The Wicked Witch of Whatever is slated to be released on Halloween, which is my favorite holiday of the year. When else can I get away with dressing like one of my own characters without someone questioning my sanity?
In honor of its release, I’m throwing a little picture party. Dress up like your favorite INDIE character for Halloween, snap a photo, and send it to me. Seven lucky winners will win an ebook copy of The Wicked Witch of Whatever. Three lucky winners will get to have a character named after them in an upcoming book. One really lucky winner will get a copy of the paperback.
Where should you send it? I’m so many places:
- Comment here (that’s zanzibar7.com in case you got lost along the way)
- Comment on my page on Facebook
- Post it on Twitter and tag me: @Zanzibar7Writer
- Put it up on your Instagram and either inbox it to me or tag me. I’m still new to Instagram, so I’m assuming it can be done. (@Zanzibar7Writer)
- If you’re feeling really shy, email it to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The fine print (but I’ll keep it large enough to read because I’m nice like that):
- Contest is open from now until November 7, 2016
- Since I haven’t read every indie book out there, please identify the character, book, and author for your costume
- Yeah, it does have to be an indie book character. Sorry. Must uphold some standards.
- Kissing up and using one of my characters won’t improve your chances, but I might like you better.
- Winners will be announced via all platforms on November 11th. It’s NaNo month. I may be a little busy.